Our team at Medimind offers a range of comprehensive treatments for psychological disorders from children through to older age.
We work collaboratively with you and your medical team, to develop individualised treatment that feels comfortable and conducive for your needs.
GP Programs and Seminars
We advocate mental health awareness and teaching. We continue to conduct a variety of educational workshops through small didactic group participation.
We have led GP seminars in collaboration with RACGP helping to facilitate GP’s with better interventions for mental health and build skills based strategies in field of mental health. These have been well received by GP’s over the years by their active participation and being involved in shared care model enhancing mental health outcomes.
The motives of such seminars are:
- To encourage active engagement and communication with GP’s in maintaining continuity of care
- Assist in handling challenging settings and confidentiality
- To leverage evidence based treatments in patient care
- Build GP confidence given they remain the primary carers and
- Provide support to GP’s with problems solving skills and accessibility to services
These learning seminars do attract CPD points through RACGP and help with professional development.
The GP seminars have address the following topics:
- Dementia and depression
- Mood disorders in child bearing age
- Self harm a challenging condition
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Anxiety disorders
- Medications and obesity
- Adolescent mental health
- Making decisions and boundary of confidentiality