Our team at Medimind offers a range of comprehensive treatments for psychological disorders from children through to older age.
We work collaboratively with you and your medical team, to develop individualised treatment that feels comfortable and conducive for your needs.
Contact our helpful reception staff today on (02) 9639 0055 to book an appointment.
Telehealth is a government-initiated programme to provide better access to quality care, education, support and ongoing management to improve patient care through video link. This gives accessibility for patient to seek specialist services and improve their wellbeing.
- Elderly people who are unable to attend appointments due to limitations
- Geographically isolated areas including remote and rural areas
- Outer metropolitan areas
Please check your accessibility for eligibility for tele-health on the following web site
Referral process and procedure
- A GP in eligible area needs to make a referral to our practice for consultations
- Discuss with your GP first for eligibility criteria
- Referral includes basic personal details and Medicare / DVA details so that we can contact you. We also prefer your email address for further communication
- Consultations are either conducted in your GP practice or own environment
- An appointment time will be allocated to you by our clinic
- All cancellations need 24 hours advance notice either by phone or email in line with our cancellation policy.(See Fees and Charges)
Initiation of session
- Need access to laptop or iPad or tablet with microphone and camera
- Need to install Skype which can be download and installed on your iPad, laptop or tablet for free
- Call our clinic to make an appointment for telehealth session. Additional information may be requested from you.
- A trial run with our staff prior to appointment can be undertaken.
- Consent information and confidentiality discussed
- Initial assessment involves background information, current concerns and personal information
- Recommendations and discussion about options of treatment offered and liaised with your GP through an assessment letter
- Confidentiality is maintained. However, it may be necessary to discuss and share the matter with your GP and other professionals involved in your care.
- Follow up sessions arranged to work in team approach to facilitate recovery
Fees and Charges
- This service is eligible for Medicare rebates and there is no out of pocket expense.